OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL PARISH – BALLUTA
PARISH NOTICES – SUNDAY 22nd OCTOBER 2017
- TOMORROW, at 5.00pm there will be a meeting for those parents whose children attend catechisim at the Sacred Heart and who are in catechism years 1, 3 and 4.
At 7.00pm, Lectio Divina (Divine Reading) will be held at the Titus Brandsma Parish Centre.
- ON TUESDAY and FRIDAY at 3.30pm, there will be the Light Physiotherapy Exercises for people over 60 years of age.
- On TUESDAY at 7.15pm there will be a Grufan meetingat the Parish Centre.
- On SATURDAY, between 9.30am and noon there will be a Seminar for pastoral workers of all parishes in Sliema and Balluta. Members of the Pastoral Council and of all the Parish Commissions, together with the Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and other pastoral helpers, are invited, and required to attend. The Seminar will be at the St. Gregory’s Parish Centre.
- ON SUNDAY there will be the Commemoration of the Consecration of our Parish Church. This commemoration is being held next Sunday instead of on the 12th December so as to be celebrated together with the community in all the masses. During the 10.00am Mass there will be the incensation of the twelve pillars on which the church is built, representing the twelve apostles.
- Also on Sunday the National Congress of the Carmelite Third Order, will be held at the MsidaParish Church. Transport leaves at 3.45pm and Members of the Third Order are encouraged to attend. Transport bookings can be made in the sacrsity.
- Throughout the month of November all the 6.30pm masses will be for the souls of our departed ones. Those who wish to add their dearly departed may collect a form by the church doors and hand it to one of the priests.
- As you have been informed last week, on the 1st November, the Archbishop will be leading the Rite which brings to a close the Diocesan Case for the Beatification of Carmelite Fr. Avertan Fenech. The ceremony will start at 5.00pm at the St. John’s Co-Cathedral, followed by a thanksgiving mass. We are all encouraged to attend. Transport from the Balluta Church to the St. John Cathedral will leave at 4.15pm. Transport bookings can be made in the sacrsity.