Notices – 22/07/18
OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL PARISH – BALLUTA
PARISH NOTICES – SUNDAY 22nd JULY 2018
- ON MONDAY at 10.15am: Mass for the sick and elderly in which the Sacrament of Anointing of the sick will be administered.
- At the 6:30pm Mass there will be the initiation and profession ceremony of Members of the Carmelite Third Order.
- ON TUESDAY at 6:30pm: Mass will be with the participation of families and children. There will be a short address on Our Lady by the young Gabriel Fonde. Families are encouraged to bring the young ones for this Mass.
- WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY are days of Triduum. During the Triduum the preacher will be Fr. Victor Paul Farrugia, Carmelite.
WEDNESDAY at 5:45pm Presentation of babies to Our Lady with the participation of families who celebrated the birth of a child during this past year.
At 6:30pm: Mass. Couples who this year are celebrating a special wedding anniversary are invited and encouraged to attend. Mass will be celebrated by Fr. Kurt Mizzi, a new Carmelite Priest. We are all invited to attend.
- THURSDAY At 6:30pm Mass with the participation of people who serve as Animators and Lectors, and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.
- FRIDAY during the 6:30pm. special prayers will be said for our departed loved ones who have passed away between last year’s feast and that of this year. Relatives are invited to this Mass. Mass will be with the participation of the neighbouring parishes.
- SATURDAY at 9:30am: Mass at the end of which the Te Deum is sung.
At 5:45pm Vespers of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
At 6:30pm Solemn Mass on the Feast’s eve, led by Prior Fr. Charles Mallia O.Carm.
- SUNDAY, Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, mass will be at 00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 11.00 u 12.00.
At 9:00am: Feast Day Mass led by Fr. Alexander Vella, Carmelite Provincial. There will be no 10:00am Mass.
At 5:45pm: Vespers of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
At 6:15pm Mass (instead of at 6:30pm).
At 7:30pm: Procession with the statue of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel led by the Most Rev. Prior, Fr. Charles Mallia. During the prcession there will be the recital of the Holy Rosary.
At 10:30pm: The statue enters the Parish Church. The Antiphon Flos Carmeli will be sung followed by Benediction.
Those wishing to offer a bouquet of flowers to Our Lady may do so by writing his/her name at the sacristy. One can also give offerings for the Altar flowers during the feast.
WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO TAKE PART IN THE NPREPARTIONS FOR THE FEAST OF OUR PATRON, OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL.