Notices – 08/04/18
Parish Notices – 8th April 2018
1. TOMORROW Family Blessings will be as follows:
MONDAY – OLD COLLEGE STREET
(the upper part only, from St. Ignatius Junction
to Imrabat Street) and OLD COLLEGE HILL).
TUESDAY- OLD COLLEGE STREET (Balluta Mansions only).
THURSDAY – CARMELITE STREET, SCICLUNA STREET and
ST. IGNATIUS LANE
Family Blessings start at 5.00pm.
2. THIS WEDNESDAY is the Second Wednesday of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. During the 9.30am. there will be with a sermon on Our Lady. followed by the Chaplet of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
3. We congratulate Fr, Kurt Mizzi O.Carm who yesterday was ordained priest. We wish him all the best and remember him in our prayers.
4. THIS SUNDAY is ‘The Day of Charity’. All proceeds from the collections on next Saturday and Sunday will go to works of charity and Charity Homes that the Church has in Malta. The Church helps people who find themselves homeless, children and youths who have encountered great problems in their upbringing, people addicted to drugs, ill-treated women, the elderly, disabled persons, immigrants and refugees. At present our Carmelite Community is hosting two families with a young girl and an infant and another four men, of different nationalities. Along this week by the altar there will be baskets for those who wish to donate preserved food for these families.
5. We are happy to announce that the Congregation of Saints has approved the Diocesan Inquiry which was held in Malta about the saintly life and the graces acquired throught the intercession of Fr. Avertan Fenech, a Carmelite Friar.
Reviewing all the matrial they were given, the Congregation acknowledges that there is ample evidence to say that Fr. Avertan lived a virtuos and exemplary life and his fame is one of a saintly person. Let us pray for the cause of Fr. Avertan that it could make a valid progress.
Notices – 19/11/17
OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL PARISH – BALLUTA
PARISH NOTICES – SUNDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2017
- ON TUESDAY at 3.30pm, there will be the last session of the Light Physiotherapy Exercises for people over 60 years of age.
- ON WEDNESDAY At 9.00pm, members of the Carmelite Third Order are organising Mass at the Addolorata Cemetery’s Chapel. After Mass there will be time for praying on the graves of our dearly departed. Those who wish to join can leave his/her name in the sacristy.
- ON THURSDAY, LIFE IN THE SPIRIT SEMINARS will continue at 7.15pm at the Titus Brandsma Centre. All those who wish to grow in their faith are invited to attend these meetings.
- ON FRIDAY at 10.00am there will be a fundraising activity in aid of the church which will start with mass then lunch at a hotel in Buġibba. Tickets are available from the Parish Office of from Doris Mallia.
- ON FRIDAY and SATURDAY there will the the Diocesan Assembly. The theme will be ‘Evangelisation and Diaconia. During this Assembly representatives from various areas of the Church will be meeting with the Archbishop. Let us pray so that this assembly will be a fruitful one for the pastoral work of the Church in Malta.
- ON SATURDAY, after the 6.30pm Mass there will be an Organ and Flute Concert. This concert is part of the Malta International Organ Festival. Entrance is free.
- NEXT SUNDAY if the Feast of Christ the King. The 9.00am Mass will be broadcasted on TVM. On that day, at 5.00pm at the St. Venera Parish Church, Msgr Archbishop will be leading the Evening Prayers followed by a discourse on the occasion of Christ the King. For those who wish to join us, there will be transport available. Transport leaves at 4.15pm.
- Applications for entry in Church Schools in September 2018 will start being received in the coming weeks. These entries are for Church employees’ children, for siblings, and for children from Church Schools without Continuity. Other applicants from State and Independent Schools will be able to apply in January and February. More detailed information can be found on the Curia’s website and on the Parish’s notices boards.
Notices – 08/10/17
NOTICES – SUNDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2017
TOMORROW, MONDAY, at 7.00pm, Lectio Divina (Divine Reading) will be held at the Titus Brandsma Parish Centre.
ON TUESDAY and FRIDAY at 3.30pm, there will be the Light Physiotherapy Exercises for people over 60 years of age.
ON THURSDAY, being the eve of the last apparition of Our Lady of Fatima, which happened a 100 year ago, rosary will be recited in Balluta Square at 7.15pm.
ON FRIDAY meetings for the Group 60+ will be starting at the Titus Brandsma Centre. The first meeting will star with mass at 10.00am. All elderly people are encouraged to attend.
ALSO ON FRIDAY, on the occasion of the 100th Anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima, Archbishop Charles J. Scicluna will be leading a pilgrimage which will leave at 6.00pm from outside the St. Gaetano Parish Church in Hamrun to the Gwardamangia Parish.
Booking for Masses for the repose of the souls of our departed ones will start on Monday 16th October. On the notice boards one can find the days and times when these bookings can be made.
Throughout the month of November all the 6.30pm masses will be for the souls of our departed ones. Those who wish to add their dearly departed may collect a form by the church doors and hand it to one of the priests.
May we remind you that envelopes with donations to the missions can be sent directly to Missio Malta, or brought to the Church.
This week the World Hospice and Palliative Care Week is being celebrated. The aim is to create more awareness on the palliative care being given to people suffering from cancer, by helping to reduce pain, in improving the quality of life of the patients, and in supporting their families. On Saturday evening and on Sunday volunteers and members from Hospice Malta will be by the church doors handing out keepsakes to commemorate this day. Donations will be welcomed and appreciated.